About House Removal

Reuse, Renew, Recycle a House

By recycling a pre-loved house you could save 40 to 60 trees. Removal houses save time, money and the environment by reducing demolition costs, avoiding the waste of new construction resources and conserving the embodied energy of the building.


What are the ‘rules’ to get the First Home Buyers Building Grant?

There are a number of criteria you’ll need to be aware of to be eligible to get the full $20,000 grant. 1. Type of property – you must be either: – Building your own home, – Buying off the plan (buying usually a unit / townhouse off the plan from a developer before it is actually built), – Buying a new home that hasn’t been lived in previously, – A substantially renovated home (this means a home that has almost been knocked down and then fully rebuilt). ***A further note on the substantially renovated home – the grant is only available where you are buying a home that has ALREADY been renovated i.e. it is not available where you are buying a home and then renovating it.*** If you’re buying a home that has had a ‘major’ renovation, the Queensland OSR will require either a final inspection certificate – a form 11 (if your new home is a unit) or a form 21 (if your new home is a house). These will be a requirement of you qualifying for the grant.

2. Purchase price of the property to be under $750,000 (i.e the cost of the land, the house and any extra quotes for say fences, landscaping, solar panels). – The value of the property needs to be under $750,000 – for example you’re buying a block of land for $379 000, signing a building contract for $298 900, getting fencing / landscaping and a driveway for $31 400. This totals $709 300. – You’ll need to live in the property for a period of at least 6 consecutive months, and commencing within 12 months of the purchase. If you don’t you’ll need to pay back either part or all of your grant and you may be charged a penalty. The value of the property is easy enough to work out if you’re buying off the plan or purchasing a newly built property as it’s the purchase price. However, when you’re building a new home it works like this: the property value of your home is the cost of the land + the construction costs for the building. Let’s have a look at an example to help explain it: Let’s say you’re buying a block of land for $300 000 and then spending $410 000 on the building contract and $25 000 on fences / landscaping and solar panels then the total value of the property is $735 000. 3. Ownership of previous property – You can’t have owned or part owned any property in the past in your personal name. – If you are buying with a partner who has owned property before you won’t be eligible for the $20 000  (but you may be able to claim the stamp duty rebate – see below). – If however you’ve owned property in a Corporate Trust, a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) or in a Company only previously then this normally does not count as having a property previously (please contact the Qld Office of State Revenue on 1300 300 734 if you would like to confirm). 4. Age and Citizenship / residency – You must be at least 18 years old from the date of the purchase, – You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, – If you’re buying with a partner/ spouse / friend then at least one applicant needs to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to qualify. 5. Not previously received the Grant – You must not have previously received a first home owner grant in any state or territory of Australia


 A benefit of getting your home loan through a mortgage broker is they will help you complete the forms and then lodge them on your behalf with the supporting paperwork that’s required. The supporting paperwork varies depending on your circumstances but can include items like the contract of sale / the build contract and proof of your identity. Applying this way can mean a lot less hassle for you. We make sure it’s done correctly which means you’ll have the funds in your account sooner. If you don’t apply for the First Home Buyer Grant through a mortgage broker, then these are the two other options for you:

  • Contact your lender and directly apply through them. The banks, credit unions and building societies who provide home loans are ‘approved agents’ of the Qld Office of State Revenue. They should be able to arrange the payment for you.


  • Download the application form, complete and lodge it yourself directly with the Qld Office of State Revenue once the building has been finished and you have your Building Certificate for your new home.  You can download the  application form here.



– General Information

– What We Do

– What You Do

– Council Requirements


 The Relocation Process.

– Our experienced personnel are trained in all aspects of the removal process. If the house is to be cut into sections, this is done carefully by hand with consideration to the aesthetics of the building. Part of the roof may be dismantled to reduce the height but will be made waterproof incase we encounter some nasty whether. – Preparation and loading of the house is done with great care and consideration. Removal of the house is generally done at night with Police and Pilot Vehicle Escorts. If you would like your own home relocated or one acquired through other sources, we will inspect the dwelling and proposed site and give you a free quote. We also guarantee the same professional service as if it were one of our own homes. – When the house reaches its new destination, we require the owner to be on site, if possible, to ensure the building is in the correct position, before unloading the house. The team will then join the sections, re-fit the roof if removed, re-stump and complete works as soon as possible. Just in case – We insure your building against structural damage from commencement of our work until lowered onto foundations (stumps). All our work is insured by the QBCC and includes public liability insurance on all jobs.


“I couldn’t believe how much money we saved by relocating an existing home” – Cost effective i.e. lower price per square meter of house (1/2 the price of new houses). – Aesthetically pleasing i.e. semi-modern, federation, colonial or Queenslander style. – A lot of the work can be done by the owner after moving in. – Short time period before moving in. – Good capital gain for self occupancy.


Just in case – We insure your building against structural damage from commencement of our work until lowered onto foundations (stumps). All our work is insured by the QBCC and includes public liability insurance on all jobs.


To get the ball rolling – Building application filled in, lodged to the appropriate council and fees paid, along with Plans, Engineering Report and Soil Test. – Inspection of house by Building Inspector. – Council required bond to be paid. (Not applicable in some areas) – Building permit issued and house given approval to go.


Yes, the permits… – All transport permits including Ergon Energy, Qld Rail, Telstra and Main Roads are our responsibility. However council approval, bond, plans, fees and engineer reports are to be paid by the owners.


What We Do.

What you can expect from us – Prepare external and under the house. – Cut house, if required. – Load house onto truck ready for move. – Organize all relevant escorts, permits and insurances. – Remove roof, as required. – Move house onto new site. – Re-fit roof, as required. – Re-join house and structural timbers.

Additional Work.

If you need further assistance – We can arrange for completion of work to council requirements, with services connected and any required additions, renovations and painting completed, but in most instances it will be cheaper for you to do as much as you are able yourself, or to make arrangements with local tradesmen. – Houses in stock are constantly changing and new stock comes in regularly. So if you see a particular style of house that appeals to you, let us know as there could be one coming in to stock or we may be able to locate one for you.

Foundation Size.

Prevent your house from shifting – If the soil test result identifies that it is a highly re-active site the engineer may specify larger concrete footings or even adjustable stumps. The extra cost of these can be calculated upon request.


Owners Responsibilities.

Before Delivery – You are responsible for pegging out the new location for the house. – You are responsible for providing access onto your property for safe passage of house. – You are responsible for ALL local council bonds and requisitions from point of origin. – You are responsible for all fees and charges from Plan Drawer, Engineer, Plumber, Certification. – You are responsible for obtaining all council approvals prior to permits being supplied.

Owners Responsibilities.

After Delivery – You are responsible for connection of all services at new destination including electricity, plumbing, etc.. – You are responsible for completing the building to council requirements. – Any floor coverings that have been disturbed in the process of transporting the structure is the clients responsibility to reinstate. – You are responsible for the repairs to plaster, fibro, tiles, concrete slabs, fix-out and general repairs. – You are responsible for tie-downs, bracing, etc. – You are responsible for the erection and reattachment of all steps and landings to the building. – You are responsible for the supply of concrete for footings and concrete pump if necessary.


Is council approval included when buying a removal home?

If you decide to buy a relocatable home from Lammi Brothers, you will sign a contract and usually the contract is subject to the following; – council approval; – plans; – engineer’s reports; and – soil tests All of the above is required before the building applications can be submitted. Please note that all council fees are the owners responsibility.

When is council approval necessary?

If the structure is to be permanent in nature then council approval will be required for its new site. When demolishing or removing a permanent structure from your land, a separate approval for the existing site is usually required before work can commence. Temporary buildings including site offices do not normally require council approval.

What will council require?

Before issuing approval most councils require an application in writing including professionally drawn plans, structural engineering details, plumbing and drainage information, site surveys and soil reports, and any number of other professional reports. Council or in some cases private certifiers will charge fees for processing the application, providing connection to services, and for certain inspections.

What is a council bond?

Some councils require a performance bond that is refunded when the project is completed to council requirements. The idea is that council can use the bond to complete the project if it is abandoned. Bond values are set by council on a job by job basis depending upon the amount of work required to complete a project.

How long does it take?

Some time is needed for the application to be prepared before lodgement to council. Once lodged it can take from a few weeks to a few months depending on the project. Can approval be refused? It is extremely unusual but it can happen, and can normally be avoided by following the rules and getting expert help to prepare and lodge applications. Councils are bound by certain rules so they cannot simply refuse an application without good reason. Council decisions can be appealed.

Does approval need to be obtained before the house can be moved to its new site?

In most cases yes. Where there is insufficient time to obtain approvals before a house must be moved; holding yards are used for temporary house storage.

How much will it cost?

Council fees and charges can vary considerably depending on the council in question and the size or value of the project. Professionals and Consultants fees can vary too, and the amount of information required can vary depending upon the project and the council involved.

Can I prepare and lodge an application myself?

Yes, you can, however it pays to have help. Most projects have strict time frames and delays due to inexperience, lack of the right contacts or lack of the right knowledge and experience can cost a lot more than a professionals fees.

Where can I get help with council approvals?

We can assist you with all your House Removal council approval needs however it is YOUR responsibility to obtain all council approvals..